CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Excitement

It's been a good day. I helped out at an ice cream sundae party for the kids in my son's class who have summer birthdays. The kids were sticky and dirty and hyper by the end, but it was great fun. Their teachers, being smart women, let them play on the playground for the rest of the day afterwards (they had a half-day today). Talk about a bunch of ecstatic six-year-olds! :)

After I went to pick him up at lunchtime, the house didn't feel right. Cooler than outside, but I didn't hit that invisible wall of AC when I came in--and we walked home from school and I was good and hot. I debated with myself for awhile as to whether I was nuts or it really was busted, and finally called our superfantastic AC guy, who was here within a half-hour. He opened the door and agreed with me--something's wrong. Our AC unit is 18 years old, and DH and I really feared this was it for the old girl (hide the credit cards!). But it was a quick fix, and a free fix, and we're humming along at 76 dry, fun-loving degrees right now. Bummer it broke, but I'm all kinds of thankful for the outcome.

One more half day of school and then a two-hour day of school, and it's summer in my house. Much as my kids love school, I think we're all ready for a break. Looking forward to not needing to get dressed and eat and get out of the house by a certain time for awhile. Also looking forward to having both kids in one school in the fall. Yee-ha!

My buddy Michel Richard won another James Beard award this weekend. Yay Michel! In the words of my ultra-cool first grader, you rock, dude! No, he's not really my buddy. But I wish he were. Man, what I would give to know all he does! Now buck the rumors and stay in DC, OK? California cuisine is really overrated, you know...and we love you here...

0 comments: