CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Don't Ask Any Questions

Our financial advisor emailed a week ago to tell us he's hosting a client appreciation dinner next month. DH has a business trip that week, so we politely declined.


Last night, DH said the advisor called him. "Don't ask me any questions," he said, "but you have to go to that dinner."

*sigh*

"Is he going to embarrass me?" I asked. DH said no. But I can't think of a reason I have to be there that won't be humiliating on some level. I'm not much for public call-outs. And I can't think of anything I've done that's worthy of attention, at least from the advisor. It's not like we're particularly high on his List Of People With Money. We're pretty average. 

I hate "don't ask questions but" things. I also hate going to public events by myself. I won't know anyone else there except our accountant, and while he's a nice guy, we're not exactly BFFs. So for some reason, I have to go to a restaurant for a dinner thing by myself, and my attendance is mandatory.

Hello, very bad mood. Ugh.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Maybe he has a really interesting person speaking and you'll learn something cool.

Mary said...

yeah I was thinking of a cool speaker or something...