CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Irritation

Dear Numbnuts:


I don't really care that you hit my car somewhere. Accidents happen. 

But thanks bunches for hitting my car, scraping up the fender and denting the wheel well, and leaving without even an apology. That rocks.

I know it's just a minivan. I know it's not particularly new. I know it has a private school sticker on the rear windshield, and you probably assumed I'm made of money so screw it, right?

I work for my money, thank you. I work really hard for it. I got $5,000 when my grandfather died 11 years ago, and that's the only cash anybody has ever given me since I was about 15. No exaggeration. The minivan, the private school, the house...it's all because DH and I generally live frugally and work out collective asses off. 

I spent four years parking in bumfuck Egypt in parking lots to avoid door dings. Not because I'm vain, but because I plan to drive the minivan into the ground, and I'd prefer to keep it as least-trashy looking as possible for a very long time. I keep it washed and waxed to preserve the paint and my resale value. And I actually do like the car.

So thanks for the dent and the scrape, and for not having the common decency to say you're sorry. Karma's a bitch, my friend. Enjoy yours.

*sigh*


1 comments:

Susan's 365 said...

That just sucks! I'm sorry that happened.