CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 13, 2007

Turbo My Computer...Please

So my computer's slow.

It was slow doing everything. And I messed around with it and it's back to its normal pretty-fast speed. But it takes *forever* to start up. We're talking between five and 10 minutes.

I've tried all I can think of...

  1. Ran AdAware
  2. Ran CCleaner (best freeware EVER), both for junk and for conflicts. That helped a little.
  3. Ran McAfee
  4. Uninstalled McAfee and installed AVG. Again, that helped a little.
  5. Defragged and checked my hard drive for effors.
  6. Uninstalled loads of software I don't use.

So I'm stuck between really wanting that fixed and really not wanting to pay a trillion dollars to have Geeks on Call come out and do something I could probably do myself if someone could just tell me how.

Any ideas??

2 comments:

Allison said...

First of all, what does CCleaner do? Do I need it? LOL!

The only thing I can think of (since it's taking so long to boot up) is that you have a ton of stuff set as start up programs? Do you know if that's the case? I check my Start Up programs once a week or so, and often find several that I don't really NEED to start up whenever the computer boots up, so I deselect them. That's all I can really think of right now. Sorry!

Tink said...

1st off, do you have Limewire downloaded on your computer? If not, what major programs do you have? I had this problem a few weeks ago. It's usually a large or buggy program.