CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Ballooning

We spend the whole summer thinking things will be easier once kids are in school, but you know what? They're not.

My son's finishing up his second week of school, and my daughter has been in almost a week. I am a *wreck*. Two back to school nights, thousands of forms and papers to fill out, soccer practices, ballet lessons, scout activities...and it's week TWO. Our schedule is a mess. It doesn't help that they're at two different schools on two different timetables, and that one is a co-op which requires my participation on a few levels.

I feel like the hamster on the wheel right now. Rushing to drop kids off, rushing to run errands, rushing to finish work, rushing to pick kids up...make lunches and dinners...get here and there...fill out everything ASAP... reply to emails and phone calls, and find some time for myself in there (yeah, right). My house is a mess. My calendar looks like something from A Beautiful Mind. My desk is covered with papers and Post-Its. I'm totally lost.

We'll hit our groove. I know we will--we always have. It doesn't help that we're all tired and that the schools just can't seem to get their acts together, so everything is a last-minute emergency. And DH is traveling a lot and working a lot, so most of this is falling on me alone. Everything but Scouts, come to think of it. And I do know that lots of this is optional, but I'm feeling like soccer and ballet and scouts are really important in my children's overall development. I should be able to suck it up and deal with this and breathe.

I've been up since 3:30 this morning. My eyes just popped open like roller shades and that was that. I filed a bunch of stuff, did some laundry, worked on some articles, went through my calendar...and I still feel totally behind.

Time for soccer. Then, there are three textbooks to be covered in Contact paper (I don't even know how to do that!!), dinners to be made and cleaned up after, children to be bathed, paperwork to finish up, interviews to schedule for the rest of the week. A class brunch this weekend at one school; "family fun night" at the other.

Like the great man said, stop the world. For the love of God, I want off...

2 comments:

Mary said...

I hope you guys get in to the swing of thing soon. It's still really hectic for us as well.

Hang in there, if anyone can get in to a pattern, you guys can :)

Chelle Y. said...

Brendan came home Tuesday night telling me that "Family Fun Night" is Thursday (tonight). I am already not wanting to go there! Haha!

I wish I lived closer to you. I am a pro at the contact papering book thing! My school used to make me do that all the time, then I was one of those "pain" teacher's who made their students wrap the books in contact paper. I actually contact paper my good paperback books. It makes them last longer. :)

Also, I feel your pain. It's hard when you have to do it alone. I am learning that myself now. Brendan's soccer practice was smack in the middle of when I teach piano lessons. I did not know what to do and broke down crying.

Then, I found out one of his friends from our church is on his team and they live a block away from me. The mom found out I needed help and offered to pick him up and drop him off for me (the church I go to now is really good at helping people).

But, doing it alone is hard, and I only have one! :)