CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Brain farts...

So I hopped on the National Zoo's website today to check out birthday parties for kids. The prices are excellent and the stress factor is zero--both huge in my book. Then I pulled up the calendar. Holy forward-thinking, Batman! There was ONE timeslot left in June. And everything before that for the whole year was sold out already. Good grief!! I, um, snagged that one timeslot for a joint party for my summer-born boogers. Each kid gets five friends to come, we'll have an hour-long tour of one exhibit with a zookeeper (I'm thinking sea lions right now) and then cake and goodies. Everybody gets a safari hat and goodie bag, and the birthday kids get stuffed animals too. Done, done, and done.


Got a new client today. Out of the blue. And the funny thing is that I've sort of been thinking for years that someday I'd like to write for them. Thanks, fate!



A friend brought me flowers this morning. Made my day. :)



I took Fat Tuesday to the extreme today, my dear friends. Ugly. But I'm giving up crap for Lent. Throw a little Catholic guilt at the waistline, see? Wish me luck. I'd loooooooove to drop a few pounds between now and Easter. But today, it's been Chocolatefest. Cuz I'm mature like that. And sugar addicted.



Watched The Bourne Ultimatum last night. Thought it was outstanding for the action/adventure it was. And there are worse ways to spend two hours than gazing at Matt Damon. Heh.

2 comments:

Ali said...

I loved the Bourne Ultimatum too. Great movie.

Enjoy Fat Tuesday - 40 days is a long time without chocolate.

The B'day party sounds terrific - great planning. =)

Susan's 365 said...

The birthday party sounds like it will be fantastic!

Glad you enjoyed Fat Tuesday. Good luck with your weight loss plan.