CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Super Sensitive

Saturday morning, I woke up with goopy eyes.

"Fantastic," I thought. "First the flu, then a sinus infection, and now pinkeye." But my eyes were itchy, not burny and scratchy like with pinkeye ("burny" is a technical term, by the way). Which occurred to me mid-day as I resisted clawing them out from behind my glasses.

Then, I thought it was allergies. We were spending the weekend at the lake house. "Somebody's had a cat in here," I snarled to DH, trying to think of which of our friends has a cat. Spent the rest of my day flushing my poor, red orbs with saline and throwing back the Zyrtec.

Sunday wasn't much better. But it didn't go away when we got home, which killed my cat theory.

Yesterday, it finally hit me. I tried a new brand of mascara over the weekend. Sure thing, that was it. Mascara made my eyes go goopy and red and miserable. It should have hit me earlier--I'm the person for whom a laundry detergent change can induce days of red itchiness. I get chemical burns from most acne medications--seriously. New shampoos make my face break out like a teenager. And every brand of eye shadow except one makes my eyelids get dry and red and peeley (another tech term, for you laypeople) and miserable.

And now, mascara.

I'm a sensitive soul. ;)

2 comments:

mamatulip said...

The first thing I thought of when I read this was mascara. It fucks my eyes up too.

mamatulip said...

Oh, by the way? Dave nearly wet himself when he saw the link to that alley you posted on my bog yesterday. That is his dream, right there.