CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 25, 2008

Open Letter

Dear Verizon:

  1. The phrase "I'd like to add a phone jack" does not mean, "I'd like you to install a phone jack and then disconnect all of my pre-existing phone jacks."
  2. If I call and ask you if you'd prefer to install cable on a television either mounted on the wall or sitting on the floor and you choose the former option, I'm going to mount the TV. Then, when the installer shows up and says he cannot, in fact, install the cable with the TV on the wall, I'm going to get upset. It weighs 90 pounds. I cannot take it down by myself. Which means the cable is left unhooked-up. Please educate your tech support people or teach them to say, "I don't know, but let me find out for you." This way is irritating.
  3. Your voice-recognition software cannot, in fact, recognize words. You should know that.
  4. When I say I need work done on my phone service, cable service, and internet service, I pretty much anticipate that someone will show up who can do all three. Your leaving the internet service off the work order and then telling me I have to wait another five weeks to get that hooked up pretty well makes my head pound. Especially when I then have to talk to eleven people (I am so not making that up) to get someone who can fix it relatively quickly. That's government tactics, my former friends. And you are not the government.
  5. That five-week wait, by the way? Totally unacceptable. Hire more people. Train them. Get them out installing. You charge a lot of money for basic services. You can swing it.
  6. I thought Comcast sucked. Right now, they're looking pretty good.

Your move...

Love,

Kim

2 comments:

Kelly said...

This sounds like the experiance we have with Dish Network. I felt going postal after dealing with them.

Unknown said...

I'm sooooo sorry to hear that. What is wrong with them? I hate when you ask all the good questions and still don't get the right answers!