CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sunday

Hear that? That's quiet. I'm all alone, save the WDCL. No pressure to be working. A little pressure to clean, but I've done a lot of that already. Just the hum of the refrigerator. It's nice.


Between Friday and yesterday, I spent about 15 hours working at the school bazaar. My feet hurt and my butt hurts and I'm tired, but I have to say, it was a blast. And I am LOVING feeling part of something again--we were so active in our last church years ago, and haven't been so much active in this church. I really enjoyed being around other people with my values, laughing, working together towards a common goal. My soul feels better today than it has in a long time. I need more of that.

This morning, we put the first coat of red paint on the dining room walls (so long, ugly horrible peachy-beige!) and I am thrilled with it. It's streaky as hell, being the first coat, but I can see how fantastic it's going to be, against the arched door on one wall and the white corner cabinet on another. I heart red dining rooms. We also replaced the butt-ugly 1970s brass chandelier with something a smidge more contemporary but still very classic. It's getting there. :)

After that, I went to Trader Joe's (which really would be perfect if they carried more cleaning stuff, a few more lowfat ice cream options, and if they opened before 9 a.m.), Office Depot (more on that in a sec), and the craft store. Alone. *giggle*

Office Depot...I found my two Waterman pens recently. They'd been missing for a long time, and surfaced in the move. Yay! So I got two new refills for them and am enjoying having them around and working again. Little things.

I'm starting to think about Christmas. Late for me, but I moved. Lay off. Anyway, I'm wondering how hokey it would be to make jewelry for the kids' teachers. They each have two in their classrooms, so gift cards get spendy. I was thinking nice beaded chokers with Celtic heart pendants on them. Yes? No? Maybe?

And my clients...what to give the clients. Ugh.

With that, my loves, I'm off to clean some more stuff. Alone. In the quiet. Have a wonderful afternoon!!

2 comments:

Mary said...

I think chokers, or maybe bracelets, would be great for presents! I'd decide based on age of the teachers.

We're making ornaments for both teachers this year--they are both young, so I don't think they have a huge amount yet. And then just little gift cards to a local coffee place.

Chelle Y. said...

Hey, this teacher would love chokers from her students! Those are great gifts.

You know, in my ten years of teaching, the "home-made" gifts meant more to me than any other gift.