CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Tidbits

  • We moved Saturday. And Sunday. And some every day for about three weeks before that. But everything's at the new (old) house and we're finding our way around. Missing a school uniform, but I hope it'll turn up soon. And I love my new house!
  • I voted this morning. No line at all. Which was sort of unnerving--four years ago, I waited 90 minutes to vote. I had the kids all bribed up to behave in a long line today and didn't need it. And I have my free Starbucks right here. :)
  • ps--It's bogus that my kids are off school today. There's no voting in the Catholic school. I'm lodging a complaint.
  • Swamped in work. So I'm blogging. *snort*
  • I think I'm going to let my kids sit down and eat Halloween candy until it's gone. More for my benefit than theirs--I can't stay out of the stuff. Stupid holiday. Can't we come up with something other than a massive sugar orgasm? Can't we just dress up and get spooked up and leave it at that? Sheesh.
  • The parade of contractors continues: the clock guy was wonderful, the movers were great, the piano guys were fantastic, the wood floor people did a nice job but were really a pain in the butt to work with, the carpet people were ditto to that. The siding people claim they're starting next week. And I still can't get a concrete person come out to even give me an estimate. I should learn to pour concrete. There's apparently a good market for that here.
  • I hate the fall time change. I'm always exhausted for about two weeks after--my body just can't adjust. Can't we just pick a time zone and stick with it? The blackouts ended long, long ago. No reason for DST to start and stop. I'll tell you, whomever wins the election today, that's what I want done in the next four years. Set the clock and leave it alone.
  • Got a wonderful housewarming gift from a dear friend, and a yummy coffee cake from another for our move. You rock, girls. Thank you. :)

1 comments:

Mary said...

I'm glad you're getting all settled in! Just have Steve come do your concrete--then you can have girl time with Alien...