CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Randomness

Weekend was good. Saturday was the district Pinewood Derby--DS took fourth place for the district for car design. Not too shabby for a first grader! Sunday I spring cleaned--two closets, three dressers, a storage trunk, part of the attic, the oven, and the refrigerator. All cleaned and purged and scrubbed and organized. Rock on!


Spent a good bit of Friday afternoon sitting on the front porch of the house that continues to haunt us. Watching traffic (there's a lot more than we're used to), thinking about maintenance (it's in a historic district, which means lots of wood to care for), debating the positives and negatives of living near condos and apartments (we don't now), and talking about schools (the public ones blow). Stupid, stupid house. If only I could pick it up and move it.


Spent a good bit of yesterday calling contractors to see what the damage would be to our bank account to add onto our current house and shift things around a bit. None of them called back. Recession my ass, at least around here.


Got into a huge fight with DH about the aforementioned homes last night. Men are big babies. Don't ever let anyone tell you differently.


Today's supposedly our last day of chilly weather before spring officially arrives. Crossing my fingers...

3 comments:

Mary said...

I'm sure you'll get something figured out with the house situation soon. What I see happening is out of no where, the perfect house falling in your lap...I'm thinking positively for you!

J. Chapman said...

I thought spring arrived last week? Yea - when I was up in your neck of the woods Saturday it wasn't nearly as bloomed as here. I hope for good weather for Thursday as I will be standing outside a bunch.

J. Chapman said...

This sounds like it is causing a lot of stress on you and DH. I pray that God gives you strength to get through it peacefully and quickly! As Mary says - the perfect house will fall into your lap.