CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 11, 2008

Spring Arrives

Today is my favorite day of the whole year. It's the first day I wake up in the morning, look at the temperature, and fling open the windows to let the fresh, warm, yummy-smelling spring air in. And yeah, that makes my allergies go bonkers and reminds me that I really need to get in and clean out closets and dressers--spring cleaning and all that--but it makes my house so much nicer to have some fresh air circulating that I don't care about that.

I opened the first window at 6:07 this morning. Inhaled deeply. Smelled things coming to life and blooming, heard the birds warbling, smiled at the deep red blooms that are about to burst from my azaleas.

We looked at two houses last night. The first was one that's been haunting us for months. The house is fantastic; the neighborhood is a question mark.

The second house was also amazing and in a nice neighborhood that we like very much. But it's the original estate home for the area, and as they've sold off the rest of the land, they've built other homes literally in a circle around this one. It reminded me of a single cowboy surrounded by indians, you know? (And I mean that in an innocent kids-playing-in-1975 kind of way, not an un-PC go-home kind of way, so don't go getting your knickers in a knot.)

So last night, I pouted. A lot. Went to bed good and grouchy. But today, spring is here. My windows are open. It smells good. I'm happy again. :)

It's the little things.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Sunshine and fresh air can make all the difference! It's sunny here too, but my car was all frosty this morning. I hope my plants are okay...

You will find the perfect house--it might just take more time then you want. Hang in there sunshine!

I main thing I like about the purse I got, it was cheap. I think I paid $14 for it at Fred Meyer's (owned by Kroger). And you inspired it. All that talk about spring purses made me want to get a bigger purse, so I did :-)

Chelle Y. said...

I like the little things in life too. Yesterday, I took Brendan to his soccer game. Then, we went to see his cousin's baseball game, took them home to swim, then walked around Great America (our amusement park) for two hours.

The weather was hot, but beautiful! I love this time of year!

J. Chapman said...

I was up in Baltimore yesterday and really enjoying the temperature and the chance to be out and about. So were more people than I usually see (except at the circus or state fair) - they were enjoying the Inner Harbor and all of the tourist attractions down there. We did the Aquarium and walked around the harbor some. I had opened the screens on the storm doors on Friday and then forgot to close them before we left town. So my husband pointed out that the pollen attacked while we were gone.