CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Beat

That's me. Tired. Wiped out. Finis.


It's been a heck of a week. DH has been traveling, which means that instead of plopping in front of the television after dinner, I've been doing stuff around the house. Which, if I do say so myself, looks darned nice. The basement is organized. My office is spotless. Shiny things are gleaming. Even the baseboards got a once-over with the Magic Eraser. 

I've also had the Demon Project with work this week. Holy cow. But it's over. I seriously need a no-brain day just to recoup.

God Camp ends tomorrow, with a family sing-along. Those are nice, but I always feel bad for the daycare/nanny kids, who end up being adopted by someone else's mom or dad, and then watching the door the whole time. Just in case. It's not their parents' fault. People gotta work. It just makes me a little sad, you know? I'm not sure there's an answer. I'm just throwing it out there.

We're doing well on our natural foods (at least, as few artificial sweeteners as possible) thing. DS is much, much more under control. His outbursts are all but gone as long as we stick with the good stuff. His attention span is better. He's generally much more pleasant to be around. I'm really happy about this. :) And it's good for the rest of us, too.

My neighbor up the block had to put her sweet old lab to sleep yesterday. A year ago, there were four retrievers on our block who were about the same age--three of them came from the same rescue. Today, the WDCL is the last one left. **sad sigh** I hope she gets to stick around awhile longer. I'm awfully used to having her here.

Sorry for the lack of spark in this one, gang. I'm just really tired. Back tomorrow, hopefully with something witty. :)


3 comments:

Allison said...

I'm glad your project is over! And I'm REALLY glad that DS is doing better without all that artificial stuff running through his system. Huh. Maybe Steve was onto something a year ago when he started preaching to me, huh? Dammit. LOL!

Susan's 365 said...

I'm so glad to hear that ds is doing so much better. Amazing how a change in diet can do. Perhaps we need to make the switch as well. Hope you have a nice relaxing weekend.

Mary said...

Fine...make me feel bad for sending my daycare kids to VBS alone. lol. atleast I made my sis go for the performance....

hope you had a braindead day to make up for the project!