CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 25, 2008

OK, Julie...

Here you go...my favorite cookbooks.


  1. Happy in the Kitchen, Michel Richard (mine's signed...*swoon*)
  2. Better Homes & Gardens New Cookbook
  3. Barefoot Contessa Family Style, Ina Garten
  4. Chesapeake Bay Cooking, John Shields
  5. Tide & Thyme, Annapolis Junior League
  6. Barefoot Contessa Parties, Ina Garten
  7. Cooking Light Complete Cookbook
  8. The Congressional Club Cookbook
  9. Weight Watchers New Complete Recipes (seriously...yummy!)
  10. Honest Pretzels, Mollie Katzen
I want to get a copy of Home Cooking with a French Accent by Michel Richard, but it's out of print and kind of hard to find one that's not beaten to bits. And Roland Mesnier has a book out I'd love, called Dessert University. 

My favorite websites for recipes...
  • allrecipes.com
  • cookinglight.com (but I hate hate HATE the new search engine)
  • foodtv.com
  • cooks.com
I also subscribe to a few cooking magazines--Gourmet, Bon Appetit, and Cooking Light, along with Real Simple, which has some good stuff in it. I used to subscribe to Every Day with Rachael Ray, but I'm kind of over her. In fact, I'm sick of her. Go 'way, Perkyhead.

The thing is, I very rarely cook a recipe as it's written anymore. I'm starting to know what an ingredient will do to a recipe and what I can add in or leave out, and I tinker and play as I go. Which is way fun. :)

So there you have it.

1 comments:

J. Chapman said...

thank you very much! That is awesome. Now i have something fun to research and browse! I have already put the Michel Richard "Happy in the kitchen" book and the John Shields one on hold at the library. Cookbooks and recipes are some of the other things I am obsessed with in addition to regular books.