CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Moi?

DH thinks I'm having anger issues.


I'll admit, this house thing has me a teensy bit fired up. I'm an old house person, same way I'm a dog person, and the thought that Douchebag could sell his family home--the one they bought in the 1950s--to some developer to tear down is kind of pissing me off.

(I'm also having pottymouth issues. Apologies all around. But it wouldn't be much of a blog if I didn't talk like I talk, you know?)

This morning, I got up at 5:30 to walk. The walk turned into a run. People, I have not run voluntarily since college. There generally has to be a very large person with a very imposing weapon chasing me at a good clip to get me to run. But I got myself so fired up and so upset and so agitated that running, pounding on the pavement and sweating and gasping for breath, was a fantastic release. It felt really good, until my lungs threatened to collapse and my knees gave out. 

The iPod was blasting--Kiss, AC/DC, Poison, Scorpions, Aerosmith, Buckcherry, Billy Squier, Guns N Roses. That felt good too. Angry music. Angry, pounding music for my good and pissed off run. 

I kind of fell through my back door at the end, looking like something an animal'd been chewing on and smelling even worse, I'm sure. I gulped down a glass of water, kicked off my purty pink workout shoes, and soaked in the air conditioning.

At that moment, DH came in, ready to head out for a business trip.

"I've been thinking," he said.

"Uh huh," I snorted. It was, after all, 6 in the morning.

"Maybe he's not a typical developer. Maybe he'll renovate it and keep all the original features we liked, and maybe in a year he'll sell it and it'll look amazing."

I stared. "This is Montgomery County," I said. "Have the two of you met? 'Save old houses and big trees' ranks just below 'introduce resistant strain of Polio into the elementary schools' on the overall priority list."

He nodded.

"I know," he said. "But maybe, just maybe, this guy has an appreciation for old houses. We can hope, anyway."

"You keep hoping that," I said. "I'm going to hope he has a serious lack of appreciation for the term 'load-bearing' and the damn thing falls down on him."

Maybe I should drink more.


3 comments:

Ali said...

Hehehe

I love running to angry music - it gets me all fired up!! Congrats on your run.

As for the house, read my recent posts on karma my friend. It all works out in the end....

J. Chapman said...

Funny timing. I have been feeling like I have anger issues myself and one of my friends just told me her family confronted her with a similar story. Concidentally, last week I got this book from the library that is called "In control: no more snapping at your family, sulking at work, steaming in the grocery line, seething at meetings, stuffing your frustration" by Redford Williams. There is a quiz in the front to gauge your level of self-control. Kind of interesting!
I think the loud headbanging music is good therapy for you too! Your husband sounds like a wonderful - glass is always half-full type of person. How did that happen? Oh yeah, they do say opposites attract, don't they? (Just kidding)

Mary said...

Drinking can help, but I think running is better :-)

I'm still thinking happy thoughts re:house finding for you. hang in there chick, there's nothing else you can do!