CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Fly By

Two things--I'm swamped with work.


First, I bought bath towels from Lands End maybe three or four years ago. Lately, I noticed they were fading. And last night, one tore across a seam as I hung it up. So I called Lands End this morning and told them I was disappointed in the towels and surprised they hadn't held up better over a relatively short period of time (our old towels were a good 7 years old when we replaced them, and had been washed and dried in ancient machines--we have the HE machines now that are much more gentle). The lady at LE was super nice, and I'll get all new towels and washcloths next week, with a postage-paid return label for the old ones. This despite not having an order number or receipt or any kind of record of the purchase. 

This is why I'll spend more for Lands End and LL Bean. How can you beat that? I could have gotten cheaper towels at the store, but I'd have had to buy new ones when they faded or ripped, costing me more in the long run. Customers for life, people. This is how you get them.

Second, the muffin recipe. I found the original recipe on allrecipes.com and doctored it up a bit. 

Corn Muffins

3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup sugar (I think you could go down to 1/2 cup)
3/4 cup cornmeal
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 eggs
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup milk, divided

Combine dry ingredients. Add eggs, butter, and 1/2 cup of milk. Beat for 1 minute. Add remaining milk and beat until just blended. Fill paper-lined muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.

I combined the dry stuff the night before, beat it all with the wet stuff and popped them in the oven in the morning, and we had a really easy, warm breakfast. They were great as-is, too, with no butter spread on them.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Thank you for the recipe. Filing it away for the future.

Susan's 365 said...

Gotta love LE.

Thanks for the recipe.

J. Chapman said...

Hey - I was just thinking that maybe you could share the names of some favorite cookbooks or recipe sources that you use!