CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Score Mom!

My kids are in God Camp this week (Vacation Bible School, but it's easier to say God Camp), and today, I remembered to go to the bank and get 10 gold dollar coins.


I then did a mini-jig outside the bank.

I haven't been inside a bank in years. It's ATM all the way, baby. But DH and I started a Very Stupid Thing when DS lost his first tooth last December. We "helped" the tooth fairy leave him a shiny gold dollar coin under his pillow. And thus, a tradition was born.

Did I mention that teeth fall out in groups? And that we scrambled for two more gold dollar coins in very rapid succession right after that? Fun times, my friends.

Another tooth is loose. DS points it out to me on a regular basis. And I panic every time. Farts! I need to get another of those stinkin' dollar coins! Course, it's summer, and the kid is pretty much with me all the time, so I'd forget almost immediately, what with the errand being impossible and what-not. (ps-when I grow up, I'm going to work in a bank and go home at 2 p.m. Good lord, people!)

Yes, I could ask DH to do it.

I hear you laughing, other married women with kids. *snort* Ask DH to do something related to the tooth fairy! During the day! Bwaa haaaa haaaaa!! 

*snicker*

Anyway, today's big accomplishment was dropping the kids off at God Camp and going to the bank and plunking down 10 real dollars for 10 gold ones. For the tooth fairy. Goal accomplished. Mission achieved. Huzzah!

When I was in college, I was going to win a Pulitzer.

Today, I got dollar coins. For the tooth fairy.

The ambition...it's been adjusted.



3 comments:

Susan's 365 said...

Funny how our ambitions get adjusted after we have kids.

You definitely scored points today!

Mary said...

Dude we leave those coins too. I have a stash in the top shelf of the bathroom medicine cabinet...

I remembered why I don't shop AT ALL in the summer after Clara had a melt down at Michael's because I wouldn't buy her a hello kitty cup. Is there the terrible 5's?!?!?

LisaMM said...

Ah how well I can relate! We did the same thing with the tooth fairy and the dollar coins. It all went well until my oldest lost her 3rd tooth quite unexpectedly (it was wiggly for less than one day) late in the evening while we were on vacation in a remote cabin in Pennsylvania, ugh! We had to tell her that the California tooth fairy does things differently than the Pennsylvania tooth fairy, because there was no way for us to get the gold coins overnight. She totally bought it.