CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Babbling

A new president. I wish him all the best. I hope he really can deliver on the promises and turn things around. Truly, I do. Who wouldn't? Looking forward to a new start on that front. I'm also very glad nothing catastrophic happened during the ceremony today. With 2 million people and so many closed roads (so they were all relying on Metro), it was like fish in a barrel. I held my breath all day. Props to the organizers and Secret Service. Very, very well done. Even an old crusty Republican like me thought it was a spectacular ceremony.



DD is sick. Fever, red cheeks, red eyes, general misery. She spent all day on the couch today. She's usually such a tornado! I've already decided to keep her home from school tomorrow. Little booger.


My brother and sister in law could use some prayers if anyone has them. They had two terrible losses this week. I feel awful for them. :(


I got some new beads yesterday. Haven't made anything since before we moved...probably since September. These are brown-hued gemstones and some little gold Celtic beads. Gonna make me a bracelet. Looking forward to it. It's a nice creative outlet.


I'm very proud of a friend of mine. In the past two years, she's done some amazing stuff for her family, and now she's taking a trip to start doing some amazing stuff for other families. Truly one of my heroes. Rock on, my friend!


We watched Bear Grylls last night. No rucksack. Disappointing.


I organized all my pantry closets yesterday, and today, put all of our movies (and we have a lot of movies) into plastic sleeves and then into binders by category--kid movies, drama, action, comedy, etc. I have two under-bed boxes upstairs waiting to house the kids' out-of-season clothes. My linen closet is something Martha Stewart could be proud of. My office got the Treatment last week--shelves organized, drawers cleaned out, stacks filed. It feels really good. I hope it lasts.


Stupid Ravens.


2 comments:

Mary said...

Aww I hope the tornado is back to normal soon!

And look at you all organizing and stuff--you rock!

Mary said...

Oh and I was worried about stuff happening all day too. My dad, brother, and then my sis and family were all in DC....