CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year

Today is the day I celebrate the new year--everybody's going back to school and work after two weeks. Yee-ha! DD woke up at 5, all excited to see her friends and show them her loose tooth, and DS woke up when I dragged his tangled-up self out of the bottom bunk at 6:30, mourning seven hours apart from his love, the Wii. 


I'm looking forward to getting back to work myself. Today, there are dozens of phone calls to make and I'm hoping to make a dent in really organizing my office, which is where all of my stuff was dumped when we moved in two months ago. There's filing to do! :)

Resolutions: eat better, exercise more, and be more patient with my kids. I'll be 39 this summer. I am determined to not hit that age at this weight or being the cranky mom. The house, surprisingly, has done a ton to bring down my stress with my kids. Now that we're not all on top of each other every waking moment, I feel calmer. Room to groove. 

I'm sitting here, at 7:22, in my workout clothes. Kids go to school in 20 minutes. I'm heading over to Potomac to pick up some Cuisinart accessories I scored on Freecycle (love love love Freecycle), then to the store to stock up on fruit, veggies, and grains, and then to exercise and work for the day. Sounds good, no?

Happy new year, my friends!!!

4 comments:

Ali said...

Sounds like a GREAT day - Enjoy K!

Kelly said...

Sounds like we have a lot of the same resolutions. Good luck to the both of us!!!

Susan's 365 said...

Sounds like a great start to the new year. I am with you on the exercising and change in weight. I will NOT go on my next vacation at the weight I'm currently at. Dh goes back to work on Wednesday (after being on vacation for 4 weeks) and I am back to the gym then too. I bought fruits and veggies to stock up the other day and I'm back to the Foodmover starting today. Perhaps with others trying to accomplish the same goals we'll be successful. Good luck!

Chelle Y. said...

I had to go to school with my kids, not so much fun! Haha, kidding!

I can tell they do not want to be here, so it is like pulling teeth to get them to do work! Poor guys!