CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Quandaries

Life's pretty good right now. Everybody's healthy and relatively happy (constant midget fighting notwithstanding). Spring Break is here, which is making some of us more excited than others. And summer's coming!!

Still, I have issues...

  1. I've been assigned to bring a vegetable to my mother's for Easter. She's making shrimp creole as the main dish. Yes, I know we live in DC. Yes, I know this is extraordinarily odd. But there it is. I cannot think of a vegetable that goes with shrimp creole (somebody else already has a salad assignment). Maybe a corn pudding? Anyone? If I don't come up with something, we're doing roasted asparagus and being done with it.
  2. This sugar thing. It's killing me. I eat well all day until about 3 p.m. and then I crave sugar. Chocolate and cookies and pre-packaged chemically things, oh my! How do I get over this?? (And don't say fruit. Fruit doesn't cut it.)
  3. What do I get DH for his birthday in a few weeks?

OK, so that's it. Nothing earth-shattering. Nothing major. But questions nonetheless. Feel free to provide answers, my dear friends.

4 comments:

HeatherTX said...

My thoughts:
1) before I finished reading, my suggestion was going to be some kind of asparagus dish so there ya go - problem solved. ;)

2) how about a piece of dove dark chocolate? At least dark chocolate has some health benefits (debatable, I know, but it works for me). The problem is eating just one - I'll be honest, my evening snack is usually 3 but knowing that I have that to look forward to keeps me out of the (worse?) treats in the afternoon.

3) I've got nothing. Sorry

Lisa said...

1 - Beer Grilled Corn
http://www.gumbopages.com/food/veg/beer-corn.html
Black Eyed Peas
http://www.gumbopages.com/food/veg/black-eyed.html
Okra and Tomatoes
http://www.gumbopages.com/food/veg/okra-tom.html
Roasted Asparagus sounds great too.

2 - Try a small handful of nuts, cashews and macadamias have a sweet flavor. A spoonful of peanut butter may work too. Yes, they are fattening, but it is good fat, right?!?!

3 - Sorry, I don't even know what to get mine - I can't help you with yours.

Mary said...

I would try green beans with bacon or almonds. Or asparagus. I love aspargus :-)

I always crave sugar too. I keep jolly ranchers in my locker at work, along with some organic 70% mint chocolate.

Before I let myself have that, I drink water and wait like 15 minutes. If I'm still CRAVING sugar, then I have some.

J. Chapman said...

When is your DH's bday? My DH's is tax day.