CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 19, 2008

Monday

Today is my last day to co-op at preschool. Four years of helping in the classroom every other week comes to an end. September brings big-kid school for everyone.

Today I have to have a conversation with someone that I really don't want to have. I was up half the night figuring out how to phrase what I need to get out, and then had two dreams about the talk. But it needs to happen. Rationally, I know that. I just hate face-to-face confrontation.

Today, we put in our last bid on the house that physically hurts me to see, I want it so much. The house is so perfect for our family and the neighborhood fits so well into what we've always wanted that I can't put it into words. It's also pretty well out of our price range. It's not a new house, it's not a particularly gorgeous house, it's not in perfect shape. But my heart says it's our house. I'm 90 percent sure someone else will get it--someone for whom hours and hours of number crunching and hard decisions has led to a higher bid amount. Ours didn't (and I'd love to know how so many people are making it work out), but I need to at least try once more. Just in case.

Today, my clothes are looser but the scale is up. I grow confused.

Today, one of my best friends is seriously ill. I'll say prayer after prayer for her. And for me, if we're being totally honest.

Today, I need to schedule an oil change, call to have a Dumpster removed, try to finish three interviews, and start writing up some business profiles for a local publication. All between 12, when preschool ends, and 2:45, when I go to pick up DS from the big-kid school. It'll work out, it'll work out, it'll work out.

Today will pass. One way or another, tomorrow will come.

3 comments:

J. Chapman said...

I will be praying for you with the SERENITY PRAYER.

O God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.

Susan's 365 said...

You've got a lot on your plate right now, but it will all work out.

Many prayers for your friend...and you too.

Just think, next school year you'll have until 2:45 everyday by yourself.

Mary said...

Thinking about you chick