CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Tuesday

Well, the conversation went well, the work got done (mostly), the day did end, and we didn't get the house.

That last part was hard. I cried a lot last night, honestly. Stupid, huh? It was just so stinkin' perfect and I guess I let myself want it too much. But there were a lot of other people who thought it was perfect too, and they have way deeper pockets than we do. (not that I spent any time last night hoping the damn thing falls down on them. nope. not my style.) This was the first house that didn't have a "but", as in, but there's a highway in the backyard, but the high school stinks, but there's standing water in the basement.

Anyway, what is just is. We'll survive it. Today means work and getting DH's car serviced and shuttling kids to and from and trying not to think about it too much. Stupid house.

2 comments:

Mary said...

((((hugs)))) It's not at all stupid to be upset. Hang in there chick

Amber said...

Aww, I'm sorry. That sucks.We are waiting to hear about a house I have maybe let myself want too much, too...we really should have heard by now. *sigh* So you are right! There will be another. If this one did not work out, God has something else for you, even more perfect.

:)