CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Tidbits

Tried two new recipes this week that are to die for, both from Cooking Light Magazine. The first was Nathan's Lemon Cake, which even DH liked (and which is technically a dessert but would be a delicious breakfast too). DH is not a cake guy. The other was the Sicilian Chicken we had last night. Oh. Ma. Gawd it was yummy. I left out the raisins, and think next time I'll skip the flour step just to see what happens--I don't think it added anything to the dish. Yum, yum.


I have book club tonight. I'm supposed to lead the discussion. And I only read half of the book. But yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk. There are very few books I can't plow through. This was one. Obtuse and dense and leading nowhere. Bleh. Ptooey. Next we're reading Bridge of Sighs, and I can't wait. I adore Richard Russo.


The ILs are back in their house. Cleanup happens this weekend. I need to remember to call about the Dumpster at 7 a.m. tomorrow or woe will be I. Not as woe as I was when they were staying with us earlier in the week, but pretty darned woe.


Pondering one of the new BlackBerry phones when they come out later this year. I know. I'm email addicted as it is. But it sure would be nice to not have to haul my laptop around every time we go away. I need to check and see what that would do to my monthly rate. God knows Verizon won't just put that on their website, nosiree Bob. Kind of makes "customer service" an oxymoron, huh?


Would someone please explain to my Realtor that I don't, in fact, have an envelope stashed under my mattress with a spare $70K in it, and can, therefore, not afford the asking price on the house I really really want? Thanks. I must be speaking Swahili or something, because I keep saying it and she keeps pushing the issue anyway. Trust me, woman, nobody wants me to buy that house more than me. It just can't happen. While the foreclosure mess is interesting from a distance, I don't have any desire to participate.


And speaking of houses, there's a vacant new one in my neighborhood. It's been on the market for at least a year, probably closer to two. I went up on the front porch of it yesterday to take a gander, and there are two bird nests sitting there. They're vacant nests. It looks like they fell down from behind a light. Would it be stealing if I took them to my daughter's preschool class? I mean, nobody lives there, right?


Did y'all hear that Electric Company is coming back to PBS? *grin*


I ordered a rowing machine today. Pretty excited about that. I don't have room for an elliptical and this is the next best thing. I can row myself thin (see? i said it out loud. now it has to happen) and watch the news in the morning. Sweet.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I have a palm treo with Verizon and my monthly access charge is $44.99 in addition to my calling plan.

musingwoman said...

As someone who once had her house on the market for over two years I give you permission to take the bird nests.

Also, would you email me? I'd like to quote you on my blog.