CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Self-Serving, Much?

Dear Mr. McClellan:

Nice book. Nice headlines. Nice advance in your fat pocket. Yay, you.

One question. A technicality, really. But I'm curious...this need of yours to speak what you say is the truth...this desire to do the right thing (right as John McCain prepares to take on an opponent, but who's keeping track?). This bombshell revelation, this sudden burst of morals, this patriotic urge of yours to make sure Americans know the whole thing's been a sham...

Where, exactly, was all of this when you stood on a stage before God and country and hundreds of news cameras dishing out the daily news from the Bush administration?

I mean, not to pick nits here, but you did stand up there and tell us all about the WMDs for at least several months. The information you say was wrong came to us from your mouth. Unless I'm misremembering, which I don't think is the case.

I'm having a hard time with all of this. I mean, look, we all pretty much know the whole quagmire was built on a foundation of pure crap. I don't believe our cowboy president any more than That Woman does, and we all know her stand on things (conveniently delivered in catchy soundbites). Nobody actually thinks there were WMDs and everybody knows this was a vendetta. Fine. You win on that one.

But why come out with this book now, if not for personal gain? Why not stand up when it actually happened at tell us all that the releases you read every morning were BS? Or at least, why not resign at the time and walk away? I mean, if you were really offended and all.

I have issues with people who release bombshells at carefully-timed moments, even if those bombshells are likely based in truth. I have problems accepting gospels from folks who were part of the deception. If your book is true, my fine friend, then you're as much to blame for the whole hoo-ha as the man wearing spurs in the oval office.

I hope your book tanks. I also hope you've enjoyed this little moment of fame outside of someone else's shadow, because it seems most of the country agrees with me. You, sir, are a slimeball and an opportunist. And I have no patience for either kind of truthsayer.

Yours-

Kim

2 comments:

Ali said...

I always wonder about the sincerity in light of the timing. =) If you really felt that way, you leave and you write an op ed in the NY Times. You start the process then because it's nagging your conscience. Not when you feel it will be a great summer read on the beach and you'll make tons of money. =)

Chelle Y. said...

You should run for president, Cat Herder! :)