CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Brain Farts

DS started school today. DD did not. For some reason, kindergarten goes back to school a week later than everyone else. It's going to be a long week for moi. *sigh* But DS seemed to have a great, fun day. He told me at pick-up this afternoon that he thinks second grade is going to be his best year yet. You rock on, little man!



Just to clarify: My issue with Sarah Palin (my latest issue) is not that her daughter is preggo. Seventeen year olds are seventeen year olds, and they do what they do. I don't believe a parent can keep their kid from having sex if they really want to. That said...I also don't believe a mother makes a conscious decision to force said-seventeen-year-old to live out that pregnancy and marriage (and probable subsequent divorce) in the international spotlight. I think that speaks volumes to Palin's character and priorities. Don't believe it for pageant moms, don't believe it for Lynne Spears, and don't believe it for governors of states whose residents are mostly antlered. Family first, peeps. 


Dear people: unblock your phone numbers. I don't answer "private" or "unavailable" calls. Smooches.


I'm on a serious chocolate binge. Just FYI.











2 comments:

Mary said...

I just want to know how the hell she would have time to manage all of this. FIVE kids. a more than full time job. 1 special needs kid. 1 grandkid.

I'm all for a woman prez/vp. But not one who already has more on her plate than I do. Someone is going to suffer, and that it better not be the US. So then it's her poor kids. That makes me sad.

I think it's incredibly selfish.

But don't worry, anyone who actually voices that opinion is sexist....

sigh.

Ali said...

Enjoy some chocolate this week my friend!

I think she can handle all of it - differently than we would for sure but I've never met more time management experts than Moms. =)

I do think it's really important though to talk to your kids about pregnancy and birth control. If you do think your child is sexually active, I think it's extremely important to get them to the resources they need to protect themselves not only from pregnancy but also disease.