CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Sucking It Up

I just ordered a kit of Bare Minerals eyeshadows and brushes from Sephora, to combat the eczema I get on my eyes after using any other brand (except Physicians Formula, which is getting increasingly difficult to find).


Yesterday, I ordered a super-cute political sticker for my car. Express delivery, please.

I'm watching for sales on Kenmore HE washers and dryers...DH says (how 1950s does that sound???) that because we got full asking price on our house, we can replace the dinosaurs at the new place immediately. So as soon as I see a deal, those will be purchased.

I hired movers. To go six doors around the corner. With all my stuff. (I miss you, George Carlin.)

Bought dinner last night.

We bought a house week before last. So there's that. Plus closing costs, taxes, and all the other fun things that come along with it.

I paid our housecleaner at the lake to clean up after my friends and me last weekend. And we ate out every meal and spent a small lottery winning at the outlet mall on the way home. And it took two tanks of gas to get there and back and play for two days.

Today, I'm going apple picking and probably buying stuff at the farm market at the apple orchard, and then picking up something to take to a movie night at a friend's house tonight. Never go empty-handed.

So what??

The economy is falling to crap, my friends, fed in a huge way by the hysterical media and my buddies who are out running campaigns on half-truths and fear. All of this spending I'm doing? It's for you. Really. Sacrifice, sacrifice, sacrifice.

Just doing my part.


3 comments:

Ali said...

Can't wait to see your sticker! I'm excited for Mike's birthday stuff to come soon.

Awesome on the new washer/dryer. I absolutely love mine. In fact, that reminds me that I need to go upstairs and move laundry again.

Happy Saturday!

Ali said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary said...

Yay about the new washer and dryer! That would make me happy too :-)

Seems like fear is a big way to run campaigns these days...

Hope the apple cake turns out well!