CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Semantics

Dear Lance:


That's not retirement.

Retirement is the point at which you're done doing whatever it is you do. Finished. The end. On to pina coladas and walks in the rain and all that good stuff.

What you've been doing is "taking a break." Sabbatical, if you need a big word (I'm not into big words, but whatever floats your boat, dude).

Spread the word, wouldja? Tell Cher. Barbra Streisand. Joe Gibbs. Bill Clinton.

It'll help my language OCD. Thx.

2 comments:

Melly said...

I think it's called, "changing one's mind." Or, "retirement really wasn't all I thought it was going to be." Or, perhaps, "people of the world, don't forget me!"

Mary said...

Didn't a big football guy just do this too? It's like why even bother. Just take a break....
but I guess then you don't get a retirement party....