CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Tornado That Is My Life

I've missed you, my pretties!! What's it been, two weeks? Wow. Sorry. Here's the recap.


  • DS started second grade and DD started kindergarten. Everyone's liking school--no tears yet. As DD's teacher said at back to school night, "It's been a successful start to the year. Nobody's vomited." Rock on.
  • We settled on the new house. The ex-owners are renting back until Oct. 6, and then the craziness of getting ready and moving really starts. 
  • We sold the old house. In three days at full asking price. Yesssss!! I give credit to our Realtor, but most of it goes to the house, which really shows well despite being a teensy bit tiny for us. From the sounds of it, a nice family bought it, which does my heart good. We had one serious bid from someone who wanted to tear it down. I didn't bother hearing the offer. We'll make one payment on our bridge loans and then pay them off. Woot!
  • Home inspection is Friday. Which means the WDCL's ancient ass and I have to scram for about five hours. Pray for good weather, so we can hang out at our new Town Square where there's outside WiFi. 
  • Four weeks to Disney!! WHOO HOOOO! The kids have no clue. Hee hee!
  • Santa called. To say that if DD didn't improve her attitude around here, there would be no Christmas. I may be going to hell, but I'm doing it listening to a lot less five-year-old lip than I have been. 
  • Went to the lake with some girlfriends this weekend. It was divine. We hiked. We went to a non-animated movie. We had wine and cheese and ate in a nice restaurant with nary a crayon in sight. We slept late. We shopped at the outlets. And we had wonderful conversation. I need to do that more often. DH is going with his buddies this weekend. I hope they have fun too.
  • Soccer started. On the same night as ballet. Figures. So we go from school to ballet to soccer to home for baths and dinner and bed. I already hate it. It's exactly what I swore I'd never do to our family. But it's their only two activities beyond scouts. *sigh*
  • I want a shearling jacket. I don't think it'll be the year for it, but I want one. Noted.
  • Got a big new client yesterday. It's a good thing. I'm a little overwhelmed looking forward, but it's a good thing. 
  • Everybody clap for my favorite little four year old who's well on his way to potty training!
  • Time for school. Onward...

2 comments:

Susan's 365 said...

Lots going on but they're all good things. Glad to hear all is well. Clapping for that 4 year old...who might that be?

Mary said...

AWesome news about the house. So glad it's still on track 100%. I'm sure you're excited and freaked about moving day.

So far we don't have any activities on the same day, unless I let Clara do cheerleading. Then she has that and ballet on Mondays, but not back to back. 2.5 hours in between em.

Glad you're back, don't be a stranger if you have time :-)