CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 18, 2007

Catching Up

Wow. Since Thursday? Sorry, gang. We headed up to the lake Friday at lunchtime and got so much done and had such a good time that we didn't get home until later last night. It was a good, good weekend. We painted, we boated, we mini-golfed, we cleaned, we hung out, and we ate too much. Hooray!

So I've come to a decision. I'm done being a doormat. See, all this time, I thought I was being nice to some people. But the truth is, they're just not very nice back. Not trying to be cryptic, but it's not worth getting into. The end result is this: I'm through with the favors and the little cards and gifts and the invitations and the organizing and all of it. I'm done going out of my way to be friends with this group--clearly, my friendship isn't needed or wanted, for whatever reason. I'm going to focus my energies elsewhere and I'm going to go on and move on and find better things and people ahead. Finis.

My little guy turned six on Friday. Hard to believe!! We gave him a very basic digital camera and he took some darned nice shots over the weekend! His party is tomorrow, assuming no rain, and he's really excited. Happy birthday, little man. I love you more than the stars.

Happy Monday, my online friends. May it be the start of a great week!

5 comments:

mamatulip said...

Happy Belated Birthday to your little guy...

geenalyn said...

Happy Birthday to your little man...i hope he has a great birthday party!!

Sorry you are dealing with so-called friends. Good for you for standing up for yourself though :)

Mary said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Happy late birthday to your dude!

Chelle Y. said...

Happy Birthday to your little man! They grow up so quickly!

Hey, everyone is having a birithday these days! :)

I am like you in that I try to be friends with people who do not care to reciprocate it. I need to be bold....like Agent M and Alien! :)

Susan's 365 said...

Glad you had such a nice time at the lake...you deserver a break.

Happy 6th birthday to your little man. I keep thinking to myself that Seth couldn't possibly be turning 6 tomorrow. Where has the time gone?