CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

What's In My Thinking Cap

Finished up the root canal today. The second half was only two hours but hurts way more than the first half did. And I got the bill--holy schnikies, doc! I suspect the reimbursement from our so-called dental plan will be less than acceptable. And between that, our power bill mysteriously doubling from last month, and a bunch of plane tickets we ended up needing to charge lately...it's going to be ugly around here when the credit card bill hits. Who wants to host me for a few days while DH adjusts?


It's storming like a muthah as I type this. We need the rain. Desperately. I could do without the thunder and wind, though. It's a bit like Armageddon outside.


Dear CNN: Really and truly and honestly, we're all over Britney. It's been done, re-done, and overdone. She's not worthy of your third-down headline. Leave it to the tabloids. There's a war going on, for God's sake.


Between the dog food and now the lead paint in Thomas trains, I'm seriously considering proposing a moratorium on Chinese imports. For the love of all that's holy, people, what are you thinking??!!


DS had his first dental appointment yesterday. Among other things, the hygienist put a fluoride treatment on his teeth. Only she told him it was a "special vitamin." So when we got home, he proceeded to tell DH, in no uncertain terms, that he didn't need to brush his teeth anymore. He just needed to take a pill. You can't fault his logic...and he was sorely disappointed to find that not only does he indeed have to brush his teeth with toothpaste, he now has to have a fluoride gel applied to his teeth every night (soft enamel, apparently). Poor kid.


Thanks very much to the Silk Soymilk people. The commercial with the daddy cow trying soy milk in his cereal is very cute, don't get me wrong. But my kids are now saying, "What the..." whenever they're presented with something new or confusing. And we all know what "What the..." ends with in real life. Charming to hear my little kids saying it all the time. Very nice. NOT making me want to buy soy milk, that's for sure.


Marion Barry got away with it again. The Teflon Mayor...

3 comments:

geenalyn said...

I just saw the Thomas recall tonight, i've got 3 trains, a crossing sign and a cargo thingie to send in for the recall. Totally totally sucks. The upside, the return place for canada is just the next city over from me.

Yeah isn't it delightful to hear your child utter "what the.." I get to hear it out of Melyssa.

And Barry...he is indeed the Teflon Mayor. That man was born with horseshoes up his arse...

Susan's 365 said...

Sorry you're having pain. Root canals suck!

I read about the Thomas recall...I'm sure we have quite a few of those trains. I'll have to pull them all out.

Hey, you could always come here until dh settles in with the credit card bill.

Mary said...

Clara went thru a "what the..." phase that was very frustrating....

glad your root canal is over, hope you're feeling better soon!