CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

P-Day

It's birthday party day!

Of course, it's the hottest day of the year. *sigh* 95 and really soupy-sticky-muggy. For our backyard party. For which I've hired a friend of mine who owns a kids' fitness company to come put our little Power Rangers through their paces.

Of course.

I'm not worried about the kids. I called all the parents yesterday and told them to send our little Rangers in their swimsuits, and I'm putting out our way-cool 15-foot sprinkler down the side of the yard. They'll stay wet and cool. But my friend? And me? Sweltering. I have no issues going through the sprinkler with the kids. My friend, though, has a real class to teach at a school half an hour after she's here.

If you ever stumble on this, my friend, I'm so sorry. I owe you.

I need to get moving...frost the cake, put up the SunSetter, set some fans out, spray the yard for mosquitoes, decorate the lawn, get the snacks made, go get ice...the list goes on. Cross your fingers that nobody gets heatstroke...

2 comments:

Chelle Y. said...

I was so hot here the other day, I swear I wanted to strip down to my underclothes and get into the kiddie pool with my son and nephews (I do not have a swim suit yet).

Thankfully, it's cooler today! Have fun at the party!

Susan's 365 said...

Hope everyone had a blast at the party and they were able to stay cool.

I agree with you...some people are not worth pursuing friendships with. You don't deserve that from anyone.