CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

While I Was Gone...

I learned that if you notice your towels still smell kind of funky after being washed and your clothes aren't quite as clean as they maybe should be, and you have an HE washer, you should pull out the detergent drawer and clean both it and its slot in the washer.


Because chances are, everything's all gooped up with clumps of nasty old detergent. And when you finally go to run the washer and it's all gooped up, you'll end up with two inches of water in your basement and towels that are still nasty, and it'll take the better part of the afternoon to clean up the water, dry everything out, clean out the washer, and start all over again.


That's what I learned.

9 comments:

Susie said...

om2abadWhat a yucky day, but I guess it is good to know. I also have the HE, and never thought that was necessary.

Chelle Y. said...

That is good to know because I have a HE washer! :) I hate goop!

Mary said...

oooh good to know since we have an HE washer too....sorry for the stinky towels and huge mess!

Tink said...

Well THAT sounds like a huge ball of fun. ;)

mamatulip said...

Oh thank god you started a new blog.

Along the same vein...I went down to do laundry the other day and something seriously stunk. Like, STUNK. I'd cleaned up some spilled milk and had thrown the tea towel downstairs...and promptly forgot about it. It was hidden underneath an empty box, moldy and stinking like crazy.

Susan's 365 said...

2Glad you're back.

I too have an HE...thanks for the tip.

I've forgotten about a towel that was used to clean up a milk spill...NASTY!

geenalyn said...

glad you are back :)

Melly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melly said...

It's good to reinvent yourself every now and then...love the template. :)