CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Thursday 13

13 Nice Things That Happened This Week

  1. I got farther into Eat, Pray, Love. It may be in my top five books of all time. It's a book I'm savoring...reading a few pages at a time, reflecting, thinking. Such a fantastic match for my little life revolution I've got going on here.
  2. One of my college girlfriends called to tell me that her C-section date has been changed...to my birthday! Hee hee!
  3. I bought two new pairs of Bermuda shorts from JC Penney.com on sale ($9.99 a pair for Dockers, ladies!!) and they fit!! My fellow big-legged girls out there know how hard it is to find longer shorts that don't pinch and pull and get all baggy around the waist to fit the thighs (I hate that word, thighs. Urgh). But these fit! I may just buy another pair for next year!
  4. One of my son's friend's mom invited all of us to their house to swim in thier pool, and we had such a nice afternoon. She's a really nice girl and the kids played together beautifully. We all had a wonderful time.
  5. My mom offered to take my kids today for as long as I want. Yeeeeeeeee ha!
  6. I went to dinner with a dear friend and spent three hours and change just talking. About everything. And nothing. It was a really nice, relaxing night. And yesterday, she brought me a little gift with the nicest note, really for no reason at all. Warmed my heart and reinforced my conviction that I'm doing the right thing lately. Made my day, truly.
  7. We also ate crap for dinner, drank beer, and had ice cream after. You see why the shorts don't generally fit...but man, it was fun!
  8. I found out that a fellow blogger had a really nice compliment bestowed on her thanks to a hobby she enjoys. She thinks it might be queer, but I think it's awesome. Share with everyone--you know who you are!
  9. DH's uncle's major back surgery yesterday seems to have gone well.
  10. I finished an article that was giving me fits. Very few articles give me fits when it comes to the actual writing, but this one was a bear. Gone. Done.
  11. DS and I read the 68-page book for his little book club (more on that another time...it's very cute) and really enjoyed it. Sitting on the couch, snuggling, learning about baseball, sounding out words. Life is good.
  12. We found most of the pink frilly stuff we need for DD's upcoming birthday party--it's a princess tea party. Lord deliver me. I just need teacups and we're set.
  13. I'm feeling so much more positive and so much more happy and very content and upbeat these days. Things that used to bug me really just aren't. This is a very good thing. :)

4 comments:

mamatulip said...

I was just talking to my best girlfriend and she went on and on about this amazing book she's reading that she can't put down...

...the same one you're reading. Think I'd like it?

Chelle Y. said...

I read a book MamaTulip recommended once, and it was great.

Maybe I will try your recommendation this time. :)

Cat Herder said...

Tulip, the book is the story of a woman whose marriage falls apart for a number of reasons, at age 30. She packs it up and heads for a year-long trip. Spends the year just sort of finding herself, doing some things she's always wanted to do. I'm in self-discovery mode and I'm loving it. Your mileage may vary, but I'm recommending the book.

Kim :)

Tink said...

I was just looking at that book on Amazon, trying to decide whether I should order it or not. Thanks for the review!