CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Brain Farts

The personal transformation continues...some neighbors had a party last weekend. We (shockingly) were invited. But we'd already made plans to be away for the weekend. A year ago...two months ago...that would have eaten away at me. I'd have been plagued by thoughts of what we were missing and how much fun I could be having with the group. But--and this is 100 percent true--when we got home Sunday night and I peered over the fence and saw the picnic tables and other party remnants strewn across another yard, my first thought was, "I'm so glad we were away and I didn't have to deal with that." Go me!


The other half of this transformation: my body hurts. I did an exercise video yesterday morning, helped DH cut down and chop up more mulberry tree last night, and walked early this morning while the kids were sleeping. There's a dull ache in my muscles. All of them. But man, it feels good. And if I can get to my goal weight, I'm piercing my belly button. :) Age and minivan be damned.


Dear W: *shaking head* That's all I got.


We're getting a weekend away!! We have more painting to do at the lake and my mom agreed to take my kids for two nights so we can go up alone and get it done. I love my children dearly and truly, but I'm so excited! I think we're going to rent Jet Skis as our one fun thing. Jet Skis rock!


I'm taking DS to the dentist today to fix his four cavities and seal his teeth. Cross your fingers that my little man doesn't hurt, OK?

1 comments:

Chelle Y. said...

I hope your son's dentist experience goes better than Brendan's. I swear I am never taking him again! I am going to send someone else to go with him! Haha!