CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 16, 2007

Plbthth

DH and I spent the weekend at the lake house sans kids. Which sounds great--and we did have some fun--but we were painting, for the most part. And lemme tell you, the lofted ceilings that look so grand when you're buying a house absolutely suck when it comes time to paint it. Up, down, up, down, up, down. By last night, we were both tired and really sore.

So we drove home the two and a half hours, planning to unpack the car really quickly and head up to my mom's to get the kids. But we came in the house to find the entire freezer defrosted.

You...are...SHITTING...me!

Spent two hours throwing everything in the freezer away and then chucked most of what was in the fridge, just in case. Then, of course, we had to scrub down the kitchen, since most of what was in there was drippy and sticky and probably bacteria-laden. Lovely.

At least my fridge and freezer look squeaky clean. And they do work--somebody must have left the freezer door a little bit open when we headed out of town Friday. Somebody. *ahem*

Today, I'm heading out to restock. In a month where two massive dental bills and two massive car maintenance bills hit on top of our normal bills, I am not excited about this.

Being a grown up really stinks sometimes. Literally.

2 comments:

Chelle Y. said...

Oh, Kim! I really know how that feels (I just recently posted that happening to me too), and it feels like CRAP!

I had just stocked up at COSTCO too! :)

Ali said...

So sorry to hear that - not fun to come home to that at all.... =(

Hope the shopping went well!