CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Shooting Stars in My Head...

Woke up to no dial tone today. This came after yesterday, when I'd either dial a phone number and be connected with another random number, or when I'd dial like a "3" and get a "This call cannot be completed as dialed" recording. Well humpf! Half an hour on the phone with Verizon determined that our FIOS box was shot. It's been replaced (they're quick, if nothing else) and things seem to be working now. Fingers crossed.


Lindsay Lohan...oh my gosh, TRAIN WRECK! I feel bad for the girl, honestly. Her mother is unbelievable and I can't imagine that anyone growing up with that kind of pressure and constant ego-feeding wouldn't end up all screwy. At the same time, I'm really worried about the people my daughter will look up to when she's a little older. I mean, come on. Britney? Lindsay? Another half-nekkid drunk singer/actress? Sad times in famous-people land.


Did you guys hear the news story from here about this guy whose rape case was dismissed for lack of an interpreter? Did you also hear that while he spoke another language (African, but I'm not sure which) as his native tongue, he's quite fluent in English and has been working here for years and years in a job that requires him to understand the language? And that news crews who've interviewed him have found no problems either understanding him or being understood by him? Yet another case where criminal "rights" are put ahead of victims--you'll never convince me that his lawyer didn't demand a translator for exactly this reason. Knowing he spoke a rare language made it unlikely that a translator would be snapped up in a "reasonable" amount of time on last-minute notice. And it worked. Such bullshit going on in our courts. It's no wonder people still turn to vigilante justice. I hope this is overturned and that this guy gets put away for a very long time (prosecutors have DNA evidence against him in the repeated rape of a seven-year-old girl). Makes me sick.


Have you emailed Roger Goodell and demanded Michael Vick's suspension yet? You can do it here.


I've become addicted to Google Reader this week. What a great tool! Makes procrastination so easy!


Looks like the Gap discontinued its boyfriend cut of jeans. Color me very sad--they fit me just right and were sooo comfy on my disproportionate lower half. Honestly, I'm getting sick of this deal where a different fit of jeans is stylish every year. Pick one, stick with it, thankyouverymuch. Skinny isn't working for many people and we're not even going to talk about tapered. Which leaves straight, bootcut, and reverse/boyfriend. I'm good with any of those, but for the love of God, tell me which!


Bought a vat 'o plums at Sam's Club yesterday. And dang, are they yummy. Even the kids eat them. Unfortunately, so does the WDCL, so everytime I bite into one, she's in my face. Nothing like having 85 pounds of horrendous breath and brown fur smashed up against you when you're trying to contain plum juice dribbling down your chin and it's 90 degrees out with 600 percent humidity. I literally have to hide to eat them. And then, I'm reminded just how pathetic I've become... :)

0 comments: