CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Help Me...I'm Meeeelllllllltinnnnngggg

Oh my GOSH, it's hot. Miserable hot. Move the daughter's tea party inside the house hot (yes, we did!). Hot and humid and icky poo yuck, even for D.C., which isn't generally known for summer comfort anyway.

I'm watering my lawn. We never water our lawn. But I put in all kinds of new plants this spring and we're going to lose them without a little sprinkling. I feel so guilty about it, but my guess is Al Gore's gardener is watering his grass too, so it's all good. I'll admit...I made special arrangements to water a patch of clover in the middle of the backyard for the two baby bunnies who are living under my shed. They love clover, and they're so darn cute!

We were supposed to go blueberry picking at a local farm today. Not happening.

I'd take the kids to the pool but we belong to the Y, and it's going to be packed today. My daughter's still afraid of the water...packed and splashy isn't going to work. The mall's going to be that way too and I really don't need to be spending any more money, which I'd do with all the end-of-season sales. I thought about taking them to a local theatre, but the only tickets left for today are the $18 ones. Too spendy for an hour's entertainment.

We're heading to Wal Mart this morning, but after that...I might have to raid my rainy-day New Toy Closet (yes, I have one. Filled to the brim with birthday and Christmas gifts that aren't opened immediately but are saved for boring icky November days and days like today. It's fabulous.). I also see a run to Blockbuster in my immediate future. The kids are going to lose their minds stuck in the house.

Hot, hot, hot. Drippy, stifling hot.

Course, I watched paramedics whisk my neighbor's two-year-old out in an ambulance last night after a weird seizure. Need to call her later today. Kind of put things in perspective, you know? I'll take a little hot...

3 comments:

geenalyn said...

it's super icky hot here too...yesterday with the humidex it was 42 C which is into the 100's. Today its not supposed to be much better. Lucas is sick today so i can't even run out to the video store...he's got some mystery fever that is making him feel pretty miserable.

Ali said...

Sounds like a good plan for beating the heat! It's been crazy and I keep trying to remember that 2 weeks ago it was so nice with a breeze and sunny weather. We were at the park at 1pm and it was totally fun!

Your closet is a great idea and I need to copy you on that. I went out and purchased a new Dora and Diego playhouse (dang those two cuties) and M is happily playing in the living room while I contemplate turning the oven on to make muffins...

Chelle Y. said...

It was 109 here last week, but a little better this one. At least we do not get the humidity. ICK!

You need a Slushie! :)