CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Educate Me...

I really thought New Hampshire was a fluke, but here comes Michigan. Another win for Hillary.

I will totally admit to being farther right than left when it comes to politics. An elephant wins over a donkey almost every time in my book. I'm not debating that (really...I'm not...let's not go there...thou shalt be ignored).

But Hillary Clinton? We want a female president and she's the best we can do?

First off, this claim she's making of 30 years of political experience...um. I don't think being married to a politician counts as "experience," per se. She's a fine lawyer. She's a great lawyer--I'll even go that far. Absolutely. But elected official? More like a handful of years than several decades. She's practically a freshman on Capitol Hill.

Serious question: Why are people so enamored of this woman? I watch her and all I can think is "used car saleswoman." We think she's a bitch; she goes on television and cries to prove that estrogen really does inhabit her body. We think she's cold; she flies back in front of the camera and hams it up with Tyra Banks.

I've been told she's strong. But respectfully, I disagree. In fact, I think she's not much of a role model for my daughter on a personal front. How many years has she turned her head to her husband's infidelity? That's not someone who commands respect--he certainly doesn't respect her. And even if she's staying with him to further herself (which I think is a strong possibility), what does that say about her own confidence in making it as a Rodham instead of a Clinton? (Did you notice, by the way, that the "Rodham" she was so adamant about when her husband was campaigning has vanished? *poof*)

Leave him behind for a moment. What has she accomplished? On her own? Besides a lot of talk? I hear her everywhere...I just don't hear people telling me what she as a person (as opposed to a spouse) has actually done that merits the White House and leader of the free world position.

So as I see it, we have this chameleon before the cameras who's ridden someone else's coattails to this point...and it's working. All I can do is shake my head and wonder.

I hope we do have a female president someday. And I hope it's a strong woman with strong ethics and morals, strong ideas, and the ability to affect change on her own.

If I'm wrong about ole' Hil, tell me why. Please...

3 comments:

Trisha said...

She ran unopposed in Michigan. Only Democrat on the ballot, and she only managed a 57% vote. She doesn't get any delegates, so I don't really see that as a victory for her. I lean more left than right, but I don't like Hillary. Can't pinpoint why, but she's not my choice.

Ali said...

I couldn't agree with you more. She's exaggerating her experience completely and I think it's ridiculous. "I've been doing this work for 30 something years". Okay when DH retires, I'm going to walk into his business and take it over. I'll meet with his clients and tell them I have 30 plus years of kitchen table end of the day discussions and I can take over his business. I want to see how quickly they ask me to leave =)

I look forward to a female president and for new change for America. She's not it.

Tink said...

I'm Democrat all the way and I don't like her either... There's just something about her that makes my stomach sour.