CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Stove as Zen

It happened again today. I promised the kids we could make peppermint ice cream this afternoon. By "we could make," I mean that I'd have the cooked, mixed, and cooled custard ready for them to dump into the ice cream maker along with the crushed peppermint candies to mix in there for a half-hour of whirring, twirling fun on the countertop.

Side note: "We cooked" coming from my kids has the same meaning as "I grilled" coming from my husband. Somehow, all the measuring, stirring, preparing, and cleaning up magically happens. They dump stuff into an ice cream maker; he chucks stuff on a fire until it combusts. But they cooked. Uh huh.

Anyway, what happened was that I started making the custard on the stove with my trusty iPod rocking out next to me, and before I knew what happened, I was in culinary Nirvana. Dancing, singing, stirring, totally and completely happy. Not a care in the world except not curdling the eggs and milk.

Kim O'Donnel gets it. Read this (those words are a link, my love, even though they don't look it. Clickity click there). Enjoy. And go cook something.

If the stupid site wants you to register (I HATE THAT), use username biteme60609@aol.com and password zapped. Thank you, bugmenot.com.

2 comments:

Mary said...

You are just getting groove on lately with food, aren't you? That rocks.

My family would be so happy if I could do that too ;-)

Chelle Y. said...

I want to go to your house for dinner! :)