CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 28, 2008

Monday Morning

We've entered smackdown mode in my house. The backtalk and attitude have just gone too far. Mommy's done. Kid #1 lost his favorite TV show this morning and Kid #2 went to her room midway through dinner last night and stayed there until this morning. Oh, the joys of parenting! Somebody remind me why we didn't just get another dog?



The new TV comes today. New living room furniture comes Friday. New office stuff is surrounding me in its IKEA boxes, waiting for somebody to haul the old couch and coffee table out of here to make some room. Verizon is coming Feb. 25 to hook us up. We need to remove the surround sound from one room and rewire it in another, and then we'll be golden. I hope. I don't do well with living in a warehouse.



Don't ever call Verizon and tell them that you already have FIOS but need to move it around within your house. It blows their minds. Just keep saying "install" to the computer instead. That works better. Holy long phone call, Batman.



We went out Saturday night to a first grade parents' social at someone's house. We came home at 11-something to find the teenaged babysitter (whom we've used before and liked very much) literally passed out on the couch. Don't really care that she was asleep. But we had the hardest time waking her up! And she was in a daze the entire time I drove her home. Is it horrible that I suspect she was on some kind of substance? *sigh* Should I give her the benefit of the doubt here??



Seriously Jonesing for sugar. *sigh again*

3 comments:

Ali said...

I can't wait to see how it all comes together.

I hear you on the Verizon thing - it blows their minds literally if you try to do something out of the box. I think you are going to love her new living room and office.

Too funny on the children - just think our lives would be dogsitters and trips to Paris =)

Sorry to hear about babysitter. In her defense, I used to drink coke at my jobs when I was in high school and I was super awake when the parents got home which probably seemed wierd too. Check her out next time when she comes, what she brings, etc. but I'd err on the side of caution that she was just tired.

Happy Monday!

mamatulip said...

I'd give the babysitter another chance...but I'd go with your gut if you're wary the second time.

You know what quashes my sugar fixes good n' plenty? Those Oreo Thinsations. One little packet of those is all I need to feel like I just ate a chocolate bar. ;)

Chelle Y. said...

I fell asleep once like that babysitting. I did not understand why I was so exhausted, but realized the following day that I was sick with the flu. I know that is not encouraging for the kid's sake, but at least it was an good excuse.